Monday, October 15, 2012

You Left Me By The Chapel


You ripped the pages out of the book
We used to read together.
A heart beat in a cannon ball
Hot as asphalt and sour as regret.
Spit out your bitter leaves and
Cover our heads in gasoline.
Set these brains to burn and
Maybe these memories will go with them.

You pack the bags and
I'll tell your mama I'm sorry.
An unbegun family set back in time,
A gold clock rewound.
Who knew brown eyes could be so blue.

Your breath is a tick of a hand,
Once my ears were the only ones that could hear it.
An iron tongue sharpened with years of anger.
I was a fool to think I'd escape it's blade.

I taught myself how to sit so very still while The world disintegrated
You were the tornado showing me that there Is no place like home.
So lace up your boots,
Board up the windows.
Because now begins forever
And forever is a sorrowful storm.

No comments: